5.3.16. Settings of kinematics (BLDC motor)¶
In the Application Settings Device configuration -> DC Motor
Settings of kinematics (DC motor) window
IMPORTANT. Only firmwares 4.1.x (and older) support BLDC control
Motor parameters - electric motor settings¶
- checking this flag associate the motor rotation direction with the current position counting direction. Change the status of the flag if positive motor rotation decreases the value on the position counter register. This flag effect is similar to connecting the motor winding to reverse polarity.
- if this flag is checked motor ignores the preset speed and rotates at the maximum speed limit.
- if this flag is checked the controller limits the maximum speed to the number of steps per second, specified in the field.
- are motor nominal parameters. If they are active and applicable for given type of motor, the controller limits these parameters within the specified values. For example, if the motor speed and current exceeds the nominal values, the controller will reduce output action until both values are within the normal range. However, the controller remains in operational condition, and will execute the current task.
IMPORTANT. BLDC controller always use max current and don't use max voltage because main characteristic for BLDC is max current, max voltage usually more than 8SMC5 supply voltage.
Motion setup - settings related to the movement kinematics¶
- movement speed.
- backlash compensation. Since the stage mechanics are not ideal there is a difference between approaching a given point from the right and from the left. When the backlash compensation mode is on the stage always approaches the point from one side. The preset value determines the number of steps which the stage takes to pass a given point in order to come back to it from the same side. If the specified number is above zero the stage always approaches the point from the right. If it is below zero the stage always approaches the point from the left.
- speed of backlash compensation. When the backlash compensation mode is on the stage approaches the point from the right or from the left with a preset speed determined in the number of steps per second.
- enables the motion in acceleration mode, the numerical value of the field is the acceleration of movement.
- movement deceleration.
- number of poles per revolution
- use of encoder as a feedback sensor. The following encoder types are available: Single-ended, Differential or Autodetect.
- this parameter defines the number of encoder pulses per one motor axis full rotation.